Problem with Apache

Kim Briggs patiodragon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 01:59:47 UTC 2008

On 2/22/08, Miguel Alberto López Camacho <mikel_vanhellsing at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:
> Hello
>  I am a user of Ubuntu little experienced and I have a problem that I can
> not solve. The problem is this: I installed the apache server from the
> Synaptic package manager and with the command "aptitude" from console; all
> goes well until the moment you try to access through the Web browser when
> writing "localhost" on address bar takes a long time to send a message to
> initialize and run out of time for the server localhost I uninstalled and
> installed but does not work, what can I do?

Hola Miguel,

I recently had messed up an Apache install.  My problem turned out to
be that when I did a "reinstall", it does not update  the /etc/apache2
directories.  I had to go back and do "force" or "completely remove"
(although i don't remember the Synaptic menu choices exactly.  So, do
check the timestamp on the /etc/apache2 files when doing a
reintallation to make sure you really have a fresh start.

HTH,
--
http://kimbriggs.com