Looking for a CLI tool for MP3 tagging

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Wed Feb 20 17:20:44 UTC 2008

Hi Joachim,

Joachim Schrod schrieb am 20.02.2008 17:08:

> Hi,
>
> Can somebody recommend a command-line tool to change _one_ ID tag
> in an MP3 file? (I want to change the Genre tag, all other tags
> shall stay with the old values.)
>
> apropos tag | egrep -i 'id|mp3'
> returns nothing.

$ dpkg -p eyed3
Package: eyed3
 A command-line editor to add/edit/remove ID3-tags on mp3 files.
 It supports version 1.0,1.1,2.3 and 2.4 of the ID3 standard.
 Additionally it displays several informations about the file
 such as length and bitrate from an MP3 file.

I never used it but the man page looks promising.

Best
Christoph
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln: http://zvisionwelt.de/downloads.html (1.6)