One Way Samba

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 19 23:10:10 UTC 2008

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ComprehensiveSambaGuide

> I also recommend assigning fixed IP's to your local
> machines & connect
> by IP address if you encounter problems. This will
> eliminate any
> dns/machine name/resolve problems you may encounter.
> If you find that
> you have no problems with connecting via a fixed IP,
> then you can go
> hunting for name resolution problems.

Thanks Gary, I can always count on you for help.
I'll review the link carefully as I have all the
manuals and my on googling results. I just don't think
it's a dns/name issue as I have fixed IP's on this
side of 2 WIRE's router but I'll change both adapters
back to fixed IP's and see.  This will take me awhile
but will let list know in time.  Thanks again,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net