hung boot process

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Feb 15 16:10:37 UTC 2008

Gerald Dachs wrote:

> I still have some open questions for special cases, like
> dependencies to other packages
> that are named differently in ubuntu and debian,

I don't know that there would be any packages that are "named differently"
over the long term.  Packages have different version suffixes, of course,
and libraries often do have different names to allow multiple versions of a
library to exist without conflict, but every version of Ubuntu gets synced
with Debian as development begins, so there should be a point in the
life-cycle where all names are the same.

> but I have my doubts
> that I get the right answers here, this is why I didn't ask.

Well, if you start with that attitude it's going to be hard to get answers,
but why don't you just ask your questions?  What can it hurt?  You wouldn't
actually take anybody's advice from the Internet without checking it first,
would you :-)

--
derek