Printer invisible thru USB-switch

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Feb 15 13:19:24 UTC 2008

Tom Rausner wrote:
> Hi, again !
>
> I still haven't got my USB-switch to work in spite of all the good
> advice from this list. I've been doing som googleing on the internet,
> and it seems that this switch has been proven to work with SOME linux
> versions (as far as I can see; SuSe and Debian). So i thoughed 'why not
> Ubuntu?
>
> There is no software involved coz it's plug and pray, so that can't be
> the problem. Does anyone have an explanation to why it's transparent to
> Windozer but not to Ubuntu. Maby that would give me some ideas on how to
> eliminate the problem.
>
> Tom

    Do you have a nVidia video card on your computer with no pointer? In
a terminal do this:

sudo lspci | grep nVidia

This will tell you if you have a nVidia video card and if so then you
need to erase the word 'splash' near the end of the  kernel line of the
kernel that is booting the system. That will get your pointer back. It
is a feature of nVidia :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI