apache2 AddDefaultCharset problem

Gerald Dachs ubuntu at dachsweb.de
Thu Feb 14 19:43:06 UTC 2008

Am Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:16:58 +0200
schrieb "Alexandra Zaharia" <f0rg3r at gmail.com>:

> On 2/14/08, Gerald Dachs <ubuntu at dachsweb.de> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, but no, I use lighttpd ;)
> >

> Hi Gerald,
>
> Stupid question maybe, but, erm, here goes: does lighttpd allow
> defining a default charset to use (such as UTF-8 for instance) for
> all server contents (i.e. directory listings and so on) ?

That is not a stupid question, but I am not sure whether I have
the right answer. Beside a small entry page made with cmsimple,
I use the server only for my web mail client IMP and Squirrelmail,
the esniper front end es-f MailZu for spam quarantine, AvantFax for
faxing and ajaxterm for a javascript shell. The default installation
has no problems with the german umlauts, so I haven't seen your problem.
I have found only this in the config file:

	lighttpd.conf:dir-listing.encoding        = "utf-8"

Gerald