compiz on 7.10 KDE?

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Feb 13 15:24:18 UTC 2008

I just tried compiz on a machine that I use a Gnome desktop on. Way too
much fun :-)

Unfortunately that is pretty much the only machine I use Gnome on the rest
have KDE. Can I use compiz with the KDE environment in 7.10? If so, how do
I do it. I found and installed the compiz-kde package, and I can even see
the settings tool from the KDE menu, but, even after logging out and
restarting my session I don't see any effects.

What am I missing?

programs.