usb ubuntu

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Feb 13 14:06:32 UTC 2008

Jason Dusek wrote:
> Is there something obviously incorrect about the extlinux.conf
> that I posted?

Sorry, hadn't seen that before. If I compare that file to the syslinux.cfg
from the pendrivelinux article, there are two major differences. In every
line starting with "append" is a "boot=casper" in the syslinux.cfg. And in
your file, every line starting with "kernel" has a "root=/dev/sda1". I
don't know if there could be the problem. Perhaps the boot process
somewhere needs a parameter with "boot="?

> What is the deal with not being able to mount /dev/sda1, as
> described in my earlier email?

According to your earlier mail, the error had something to do with a
cdrom, but a cdrom usually would be something like /dev/scd1. Again I
don't know if that is related to your problem.

> I'm more looking for an explanation than a canned solution

That's understandable, but I think I can't help you with an explanation.
Maybe someone else has an idea?

Nils