camera recognition

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 12 18:56:28 UTC 2008

On 02/12/2008 09:45 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 02/11/2008 12:14 PM, norman wrote:
>

>> Yes, Andy, I have and the icon is not there. In fact, using the card
>> reader, into which I put the card from the camera, the icon to which you
>> refer appears from which I drag the photos. What I am trying to avoid is
>> wear and tear on the card contacts and the contacts in the camera.
>>

> I recall a similar problem that I had with my son's camera on his 7.10 -
> can't remember the model just now, but what I eventually ended up doing
> was going to
> Places|Computer
> and the device showed up there. I could then copy the files/photos etc.
> Sorry, can't recall how I resolved it (it was in November). I'll log
> into his system (remotely) later this week and see if I can remember
> what I modified.

I *think* I recall reloading libgphoto2 as
/etc/udev/rules.d/45-libgphoto2.rules didn't have the device listed.
These _might_ be of some help, your device should be:
ATTRS{idVendor}=="07b4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0109", MODE="0660",
GROUP="plugdev"
and under lusb:
07b4:0109

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2B07b4%3A0109&btnG=Google+Search