java problems!

Ainsley Davis biodoc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:03:14 UTC 2008

Hello all. I recently tried to upgrade my java and in doing so have messed
it up royally
I am using Ubuntu GG 7.10 and firefox 2.0.

The problem started when I installed icedtea and i went to the test page
(after rebooting to be safe) and it kept reading the blackhawk 1.4.2 and
telling my my software was too old to use certain java applications. So I
uninstalled icedtea thinking it didnt work, reinstalled, got same problem,
uninstalled, installed sunjava6, same problem uninstalled and now i cannot
install any java application because it fails to install. I try and use
synaptic and its says I am need .jre in order for it to work, i check the
.jre and it says i need the .bin to work..etc and none install at all.

what do i do to get it back to square 1 apart from redoing everything
(everything apart from java is fine)

thanks all

--
C. Ainsley Davis, Ph.D.