Jpilot and Treo: backup broke my PDA

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:03:58 UTC 2008

On 1/24/08, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux <i-ubux at synass.net> wrote:
> As for being very careful and for security reason, and NOT KNOWING that
> the sync
> would deal with Evolution instead of JPilot, I made a mistake myself:
>
> I changed "gnome-pilot settings" standard action "synchronize" with
> adding the ONE
> time action "Copy from PDA" !!!
>
> This UN-fortunately OVERwrote all my Evolution data !!

If you are using Jpilot, be VERY CAREFUL to turn OFF all
synchronization from the gnome-pilot daemon. If you're not using the
gnome software you want to be sure it doesn't try to synchronize or
backup at all.

I just upgraded my palm to a Treo 755p and Jpilot works very well with
it. I have NOT tried to synchronize any email or photos or anything
Jpilot does not handle directly.

I am using the usb: setting -- I suspect the people who ARE having
trouble with their Treos and Jpilot in Ubuntu are probably having a
conflict with the gnome-pilot process.