again: continuous keyboard input problem

Bram Kuijper a.l.w.kuijper at rug.nl
Mon Feb 11 13:14:04 UTC 2008

Hi all,

As a reaction on the e-mails sent on February 8, 2008 on ongoing
keyboard input: I still have the same problem of continuous input after
I have replaced my keyboard with a brand new one. I do not have a KVM
switch, nor the problem of dog hairs or breadcrumbs with this new keyboard.

I have two questions:
* Is there any way I could find why my keyboard is hanging? Is there a
way to log user input (ie., indeed a keylogger) to see where it goes wrong?

* is there any way I can restart a 'keyboard daemon' without having to
restart Xorg as a whole?

thanks in advance,

Bram Kuijper