Thank you!

Willis Taylor gods-servant at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 11 07:37:29 UTC 2008

Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 01:08:38 -0600
> Willis Taylor <gods-servant at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> Thanks for the help but when I tell it to install the NTP software it
>> says it needs I receive the following;
>>
>> W: Failed to fetch
>> http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/n/ntp/ntp_4.2.4p0+dfsg-1ubuntu2_i386.deb
>>   Could not connect to localhost:4001 (127.0.0.1). - connect (111
>> Connection refused)
>>

> Umm - are you using some kind of proxy? It's trying to connect to your own
> machine ( 127.0.0.1 is your loopback interface),  on port 4001 - it should
> be grabbing the ntp package from us.archive.ubuntu.com , which happens to
> have the IP addresses below:
>
> $ host us.archive.ubuntu.com
> us.archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.31
> us.archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.45
> us.archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.46
>
> What happens if you start Synaptic ( System - Administration - Synaptic)
> and hit "Reload" ?
>
> Peter
>

> Could not download all repository indexes

Ok, I have a problem.  I just installed a new Syslink 5 port hub today
and port #1 is this computer, port #2 is my 2Wire 1100SW DSL Modem and
port #3 is my main computer.  The hub was installed because I could not
connect the other unit to anything for the lack of existing ports and
had been firing it in Windows with USB Network support because of the
availability situation on the ports.

Both are now connecting to the internet but neither will add or remove
software via the internet right now.  I did just do the ubuntu updates
on this unit a couple of minutes ago but in Synaptic and hitting Reload
I recive the following and I'm really lost because synaptic worked
before I installed the hub.