Another WIFI Issue Re: Linksys WMP54G V4.1-Finally Solved

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 10 22:10:18 UTC 2008

Thanks very much, David.  Your reply lead to the
solution and convinced me that the rt61pci driver is
the right one for my WMP54G wifi card. The solution
was:
The DNS tab had the IP addr filed in but not the
search domain. Attribute that to my not having done
this before.  Then I simply did a "sudo ifdown eth0
and wlan0" followed by "sudo ifup eth0 and wlan0, both
to see the output and presto I was on line with the
wlan0.  I had already done the things you mentioned,
just left out the search domain entry. Again, thanks
for the solution.