Linksys WMP54G Wireles Adaptor Wont Work; Or I Don't Know How To

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 7 20:24:47 UTC 2008

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tp-link+wireless+atheros+pci>

> You should be able to find one for about twenty
> euros.

Thanks  Colin, for the info. Haven't seen the rt2400
yet in my googling or review or the Ubuntu's supported
wifi adapters. Have tried out the rt61, rt61pci,
rt2500 and some I don't remember just to experiment.
Some recognized the card and set it up but still
didn't work.  Others didn't even see the card. I just
installed Gutsy on my new Gateway, including my first
ever burning of a disc, and using 2.6.22-16 generic
which I think is the latest kerneel. If I can find the
module with locate, I'll surely try it out as it an
expernsive card. Well, got smart before sending this
and looked. The latest gutsy kernel,2.6.22.16 generic
has the rt2400pci module only while the other gutsy
kernels, all 2.6.20-* version gutsy kernels have the
rt2400.  So, I'll prresume you mean the rt2400pci
version for the latest gutsy kernel.  I'll wait a
while before trying it out if you want to confirm as I
could use any of the gutsy kernels, have them all
installed.
Again thank for the new info,
BTW, maybe you can verify something for me.  Do you
have to remove the card before installing the
driver/module as yhou do ffor windows? This is the
first time I've set up a network by myself and I still
have to review setting up wireless networking in
Ubuntu.  So any tips are welcome.
Thjanks again for the info,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net