java

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Feb 6 19:37:56 UTC 2008

Wulfy wrote:
> Douglas Drumond wrote:
>
>> Install sun-java6-plugin.
>> After that run
>> sudo update-alternatives --config java
>> and choose your Java environment.
>> I think you can do just sudo update-alternatives --config javap
>> to choose what java plugin to use, but I'm not sure.
>>
> There's also;
>
> sudo update-java-alternatives
>
> to do an all-in-one choice for java...  I use the '-a' auto option, but
> I only have java6 installed...  the '-l' (lower-case L not one) option
> gives a list of possible java environments to choose.

    I used -l and it says all I have is java6 installed. When I used -a
this happened

root at karl-desktop:~# update-java-alternatives -l
java-6-sun 63 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
root at karl-desktop:~# update-java-alternatives -a
No alternatives for appletviewer.
No alternatives for apt.
No alternatives for extcheck.
No alternatives for firefox-javaplugin.so.
No alternatives for HtmlConverter.
No alternatives for iceape-javaplugin.so.
No alternatives for iceweasel-javaplugin.so.
No alternatives for idlj.
No alternatives for jar.
No alternatives for jarsigner.
No alternatives for javac.
No alternatives for javadoc.
No alternatives for javah.
No alternatives for javap.
No alternatives for java-rmi.cgi.
No alternatives for jconsole.
No alternatives for jdb.
No alternatives for jhat.
No alternatives for jinfo.
No alternatives for jmap.
No alternatives for jps.
No alternatives for jrunscript.
No alternatives for jsadebugd.
No alternatives for jstack.
No alternatives for jstat.
No alternatives for jstatd.
No alternatives for midbrowser-javaplugin.so.
No alternatives for mozilla-javaplugin.so.
No alternatives for native2ascii.
No alternatives for rmic.
No alternatives for schemagen.
No alternatives for wsgen.
No alternatives for wsimport.
No alternatives for xjc.
No alternatives for xulrunner-javaplugin.so.

It appears there is nothing for it to do but I know for a fact that
Firefox has NO java.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI