Bad Stuff

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Feb 2 21:27:19 UTC 2008

Bazooka Joe wrote:
> Karl,  w/ linux their is always more than one way to skin a cat. Once
> you have exhausted everything you can think of including google then
> you should sleep on it and try it all again. If you still can't get it
> then go to the mailing list.  This in my opinion is the best way to
> learn. We are a supportive group but if you keep posting as much as
> you do people are going to start ignoring you. Most of your posts you
> end up solving yourself, in this case w/ a reboot.  Also, have you
> looked for a LUG in your area?
>
> -bazooka
>
> On Feb 2, 2008 8:31 AM, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>
>> Chris Jones wrote:

>>> I guess you are doing this via apt-get on the command line ?
>>>
>>> Try running one of the GUIs (sudo synaptic) and see if that works better.
>>>
>>> I for one have google earth installed from medibuntu, so it does work.
>>>
>>> Chris

>>     Well it took a re-boot to get sympatic to work. But then it worked
>> fine and I got Googlearth and libdvdcss installed. These make me happy.
>> I will try for other things now and learn how sympatic works. It sure
>> did show the legal stuff with a place to click yes. The apt-get install
>> method will not work if you need to do the legal stuff.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> --
>>
>>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>>         Linux User
>>         #450462   http://counter.li.org.
>>    PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C  ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7
>>

>> --

    Google could not help with this particular problem. I tried to get
Googlearth with the apt-get install in a terminal. When the legal thing
showed up in the terminal you had no way to get it properly sent a yes.
    A member of this list recalled it went easy with synaptic which does
handle the legal stuff so you can go on. That was what I did and it
worked. But it was not anywhere I looked including google.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User