Modem As Answering Machine

Nomen Nescio nobody at dizum.com
Sat Feb 2 15:10:02 UTC 2008

Dear Friends,

I would enjoy using my modem, which works in Ubuntu,
as a stand alone answering machine with the option of
fax and/or data transfer, not connected to the internet,
but connected to a regular landline.

I know nothing of my options in this area, but I would enjoy a
graphical front end for this, I am no script guru, I enjoy
automation so I may wiggle my toes and drink coffee while my
computer takes messages for me.

What programs with or without a GUI may I choose from? I would
like a GUI but I wish to be informed as to all my options.

In searching, I found two choices but I hope there are others:

1. tkvoice
2. vocp

The first, tkvoice, is very outdated, by years. I have not
tried either yet, I will do soon. Please everybody inform me
of my options in this area! I love you Ubuntu people!