what is wine

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Fri Feb 1 15:13:31 UTC 2008

gagan sharma wrote:
> my system hangs when i click on notepad,after installing wine.

notepad is most likely not the reason that you will want to work with wine.

Which app is the real reason that you need or want wine?

Then try "wine /path/to/my/app/program_name".
If it works, congratulations.

If not, read up, how to make that application work with wine
if it still does not work, report back here.

or, alternatively, find out that it does not work at all,

or alternatively find a way to make it work and report back to the wine
developers so that your application can be added to the wine app db.

kind regards
Eberhard