Uninstalling a downloaded program.

Tab Gilbert tabbox at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 14:18:44 UTC 2008

Hello:

Yesterday I downloaded and installed

nautilus-dropbox_0.5.0-1_i386_ubuntu_8.10.deb

using the nautilus Package Installer on an Intrepid laptop.  I am not
certain but I think some how it bonked the wireless.  I would like to
uninstall it to see if it is causing the problem.  I did not change the
repositories but simply downloaded and installed.  I searched the mail list
archive and the forums and it appears that

sudo apt-get remove --purge PROGRAM

is the correct method for removing the program.

So, Am I correct in using

sudo apt-get remove --purge nautilus-dropbox_0.5.0-1_i386_ubuntu_8.10.deb

to remove it and see if this is the cause of my wireless problem?

I am just using my version of a systematic approach and the wireless worked
before the dropbox install. It is the only real change I have made to the
system before it stopped working.

thanks-

tab