Menu viewing problem...

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 27 19:19:33 UTC 2008

On 12/25/2008 06:20 AM, Larry Shields wrote:

> The OO.o was just an example, it is happening on other programs as well...
>
> My system has two hard drives,  with Intrepid installed on both of them,
> on this hard drive everything works fine, the other HD also did at one
> time, but now it seems to have gotten messed up some how...They both are
> keep'ed up to date, so it isn't from any updates that have been install...
>
> So I just wanted to know if anyone had the same problem and had a fix
> for it...
>
> Thanks for the reply...
>
> Larry
> *

<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Bopenoffice+%2B%22missing+menu+text%22&btnG=Search>

Try:
====
 Re: Missing menu text in Openofffice 3.0 when using Compiz
System > Pref > Appearance > Fonts set rendering to "subpixel smoothing"
then go to details set smoothing to "subpixel" and hinting to full.
====