Mutt not seeing new mail at all

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Fri Dec 19 23:36:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 02:47:01PM +0000, Chris G wrote:

> Should mutt work correctly with mbox mailbox files on Ubuntu or has
> Ubuntu done something wierd that stops it working?

Works fine for me with mbox on 8.04. Where is your new mail?
/var/mail/$user ? Thats where mine is.

Do you do anything with procmail? Like something in .procmailrc to
custom filter mail? A while back I noticed that Ubuntu did not use
procmail by default to deliver (my preference). Maybe this was 7.04
era. I put a .forward file in $HOME with this in:

 "|exec /usr/bin/procmail"

That's the only difference I've seen over other Linuxes that I've used
(Red Hat based stuff mostly). I know this is probably not the answer,
but its the only difference I've seen.

--
Hal