openoffice menus show as lines and dialog boxes are blank [SOLVED]

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 17 01:56:19 UTC 2008

On 12/16/2008 05:18 PM, dwain wrote:
> From: NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net>
> Date: Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:48 PM
> Subject: Re: openoffice menus show as lines and dialog boxes are blank
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Close OOo. From a terminal:
>
> mv ~/.openoffice.org ~/.openoffice.org.back
> mv ~/.openoffice.org2 ~/.openoffice.org2.back
>
> Restart OOo. Does it work now?
>
> I would also recommend that you reinstall your 2.4.1 version - you can
> run 2.4.1 _and_ 3.0 in parallel, that's why you have 2 .openoffice.x
> folders.
>
> i ended up downloading a new copy of 8.10 from a different mirror and
> installed it.  i had menus when i opened oo.org
>
> thanks for all the help.  i'll keep this email with the instructions of
> rolling back oo.org.
>
> cheers,
> dwain

Please keep your responses to the same threads & please post in plain
test. Also please review
http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community/mailinglists/etiquette
If you need help with any of that I/we will be happy to assist.

Regarding reinstalling 8.10 just to resolve the OOo issue wasn't
necessary. The instructions that I gave to you only moved your
.openoffice.x profiles to a backup. Once you restarted OOo again, OOo
would have rebuilt a new profile & I'm willing to bet that your menus
would have been just fine afterwards.