openoffice menus show as lines and dialog boxes are blank [SOLVED]

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 00:31:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 7:56 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Regarding reinstalling 8.10 just to resolve the OOo issue wasn't
> necessary. The instructions that I gave to you only moved your
> .openoffice.x profiles to a backup. Once you restarted OOo again, OOo
> would have rebuilt a new profile & I'm willing to bet that your menus
> would have been just fine afterwards.

actually after i installed base, i had the same problem with the menus
again.  i did as you suggested and still nothing.  the only thing i
didn't do is stop ooo in a terminal, because i don't know how.

so i'm back to square one again with a complete reinstallation of 8.10
not an option.

any other suggestions?

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran