Cron.Hourly

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Dec 12 22:19:04 UTC 2008

Derek,

Derek Broughton wrote:

> Matthew may be right about anacron - though I can't imagine why anacron
> would be installed if cron isn't.  It was a surprise to me that cron isn't
> a hard dependency for anacron.

There are other events that invoke anacron. On start up and when a
laptop switches to mains power are two that I am aware of.

On my machine, cron just starts up anacron at 07.30 every morning! And
I've not changed this from the default.

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 870 136 1004
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk