Freeze SO Linux, it's possible?

Anthony M. Rasat anthony.rasat at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 05:20:20 UTC 2008

Bart Silverstrim wrote:
Anthony M. Rasat wrote:
>> As a side note, no, I've never found similar-type software
>> for Linux to "Freeze" it despite looking around.
>
> What?
> Gimme tar and rc.local, I'll give it to you for free.
>
>That's not *quite* the same as deep freeze...

Yes, if you are using root account to do anything. Local user "freezing" should be easy to achieve, unless the user wants pretty GUI on top of it. I think tar command line is pretty though. Pretty ugly.

To Lars and co.
We were talking about product DeepFreeze. As in Faronics' Deep Freeze? (http://www.faronics.com). Not freeze as in panicky, failure-laden kernel or spinless-induced, overheated hardware?

--

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Barat 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465