Can't Navigate My LAN Or Ping

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 9 23:42:31 UTC 2008

--- On Tue, 12/9/08, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> From: NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: Can't Navigate My LAN Or Ping
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 5:22 PM
> On 12/09/2008 02:58 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > --- On Tue, 12/9/08, Nils Kassube
> <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
>

> >> Well, I wouldn't say it was wrong. It is just
> the
> >> problem of conflicting
> >> suggestions from several people. OTOH, if you only
> followed
> >> suggestions
> >> of a single person you might end nowhere if you
> didn't
> >> pick the right
> >> person and that person doesn't have the right
> idea. I
> >> thought you wanted
> >> to use a static setup, that's why I gave
> advice for
> >> that route. I had
> >> seen NoOps suggestion to enable roaming mode but I
> >> didn't remember if you
> >> had tried it. That's why I asked. At least now
> I'm
> >> quite sure this was
> >> the reason why your interfaces file was modified.
> >>
> > Ha, Ha, yeah you right about the first part of your
> > reply-:))  I did think NoOp was a little off on that
> > especially for wired connection.
>
> No. If you look at the post where I advised you do that,
> you'll find
> that was when you were trying your _wireless_ w/DHCP.

I knew you'd say that-:))  Guess I misread it then.  In any
case I learned something.

> [snip]
resnip

> NM works ok in Gutsy & Hardy. I only had issues with it
> with Intrepid
> using fixed IP's as it kept overwriting my resolve.conf
> file.

I had plenty issues with it in gutsy.  It'll get installed
automatically in Hardy and I can get the info Nils
asked for then I'll probably purge it and add wicd.
Who knows, but that's the way I feel now.

> [snip]
> >> couldn't
> one of the
> >> strange
> >>
> >> Yeah, it is really strange because I didn't
> post HTML
> >> :)
> >>
> > Really, the mail had the usual blue line down the
> whole
> > composition, no > whatsoever and I couldn't
> breal the blue
> > line with the cursor and line feed.
>
> The blue line in TB for quotations is a setting that can be
> changed to
> the standard '>'. I'll show you after you
> finish your hardy install.

You mean it's not html?  I sure couldn't make a line break in it.
I don't mind the blue line, it's cute, but if I can't edit within the
text, it's not good.  We can keep any more comments on this
Off List as I expect people are getting tired of it-:))

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net