Selling Linux to Windows Users

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 12:57:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/9 Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>:
>> I just learned of this site. It is really cool and comes in a LOT of languages!
>> http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/
>> Best,
>
> If people are happy with Windows, why force them to move to Linux?
> Linux is not better, it is different. Would you like me to show you
> why Windows is better?
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen

There is no "force" here. If Windows were better, I for one would love
to know about it! I might even switch back, if I had a lot of free
cash to give away.

Having used Windows for years, studied with MS programmers and lived
in Seattle, I know what windows is. Why Linux is better is very
interesting to me and I posted it because I thought others might want
to know also. I personally think MS is on the more evil side of life.
Many people would be much happier with Linux if they knew why they
would benefit from changing and then made the change.

Making the change from MS to Linux is hard. It took me a year to start
to feel at home with Linux. Now I would NEVER go back because of the
power and freedom that comes with this system. The politics of Linux
and the free software movement is also a bonus for me! I think that
the more informend people are the more likely they are to do the work
of changing. With more people comes more power to get things like
drivers working in Linux.
--
Douglas E Knapp

Amazon Gift Cards; let them choose!!