Switching workspaces help!

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Dec 9 12:29:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 07:48:23PM -0800, Riley Smith wrote:
> Whenever I switch to a different workspace, my currently selected window
> stays on my screen no matter which workspace I goto, however the windows
> running in the background stay on the appropriate workspace. When a
> window is minimized, the programs will also stay in their proper
> workspace. I had recently installed Compiz, then uninstalled it almost
> immediately afterwards, but I may have not ended Compiz properly or
> something. Any ideas? I'm new to linux, so the more info the better!

You can mark any window as visible on all workspaces, and likewise
unmark it.  Use the window menu (click on the window icon in the title
bar, or alt-rightclick anywhere inside the window.  I don't remember the
exact English spelling of the two options (since I use Lithuanian), but
it'll be something like 'Show the window in this workspace only' and
'Always show in the current workspace'.

Marius Gedminas
--
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.