De-virus USB after Windows?

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 09:17:35 UTC 2008

I have a Linux box at home, but I'm a teacher and the classroom machines
are poorly set up XP boxes where students have administrator access.
Some, but not all, have anti-virus software but without Internet, so it is
not updated. I cannot fix them; not my job and it is XP in Chinese.

My larger USB sticks have no read-only switch. Almost every time I
use one for a class, it gets various Windows virus files. .exe, .inf
and .com extensions. I delete these from Linux when I get home.

Has anyone got a tool for this? Not a hard script to write, but it
seemed worth asking first.

--
Sandy Harris,
Quanzhou, Fujian, China