Strange Behavior Using Firefox On Web Mail Compose

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 8 18:43:19 UTC 2008

--- On Tue, 12/9/08, Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Strange Behavior Using Firefox On Web Mail Compose
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 3:15 AM
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Leonard Chatagnier
> <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >  Note: Possibly related to my post:
> > "Can't Navigate My LAN Or Ping"
> > When using compose on ATTYahoo web mail, mostly to the
> list,I sometimes see the following:
> > 1. On the screen, the web page and mouse rapidly and
> violently jumps up and down and must run its course before
> it stops. This also includes the compose text in its compose
> widnow.  Really ballfing situation.
> > 2. In one case, the firefox tabs became populated with
> an ad from at.com filling the page with tabs from that site.
> The number of tab deleted included was more than one screen
> page.
> > 3. In another case, another site did the same thing as
> item 2 but don't remember its url.
> > 4. Sometimes the mouse pointer becomes inactive where
> I can't type, reload or activate anything yet am still
> connected to the internet.
> > 5. I lose connection to the internet several times a
> day possibly related to my leading note above but that main
> issue has been resolved. I think anyway.
> >
> > Anyone experienced anything like this? Could this be
> caused by ATTYahoo, a malicious ad web site, my old Dell
> PIII or what? What to look for as cause?  How to correct?
> Google found a few related topics but no cause or solution.
> Any suggestions on what is going on is most welcome.
> > Thanks for your consederation.
>
> Do you have adblock plus installed?  I can't live
> without it:

> Chris

Thanks for the tip, Chris. I've used it before but it's not on this gutsy machine. Perhaps because ATTYahoo warns you that blocking their ads may
affect using the service. Don't know for sure as its been awhile. It's now installed and will give it a shot.  Also installed mozilla-firefox-adblock from the repos.  Hope that wasn't a mistake.
Thanks for the help.
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net