libflashsupport, pulseaudio and hardy

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sun Dec 7 21:41:04 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 13:51 -0500, H.S. wrote:
> It appears that the problem boils down to whether I should have
> libflashsupport installed. I saw a pulseaudio setup page
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578 which instructs to
> remove this library. However, there are other pulseaudio setup pages
> which suggest that this should be installed.

Problem is that, on Hardy, flash sound cooperates more reliably with
pulseaudio if you have libflashsupport installed, but at the same time
this makes firefox crash more often on flash sites.

The upside is that since Intrepid, libflashsupport is not needed anymore
and flash sound is reliable nevertheless.