Automatix Alert! [was: Re: Security]

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Fri Dec 5 23:49:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 18:27 -0500, steve wrote:
> not sure about the guy who packages ultimate if he was involved in
> the making of automatix, never had the need to check i guess.

No, the guy who does Ultimate Edition, who goes under the nickname
"TheeMahn" on the UE website, is the same guy who created Ultamatix by
incompetently trying to fix the issues with Automatix [1].

I.e., he is the guy who is ripped to shreds by Matthew in the
already-given link [2], the guy who created software that is, according
to Matthew, "so wrong-headed that there's no way to make it
significantly better, and everyone involved would be much better
spending their time doing something else instead of trying to fix any of
what I'm about to describe. It's not worth it. Sit in a park or
something instead. Meet new and interesting people. Take up a hobby that
doesn't involve writing shell scripts for Linux. You'll be happier. I'll
be happier. Everyone wins.

[1]
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1365&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=50&sid=22f2ef41c98de9e5bf1880e18efb3413#p14250
[2] http://mjg59.livejournal.com/99905.html