Tips for new users

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Wed Dec 3 18:23:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 23:42 +0530, deek learning wrote:
> I and my friends are new to ubuntu so please give us any kind of tips
> and suggestion to improve our knowledge over Linux (ubuntu).
> Help us to improve.........

Can I just refer you to this post, which contains quite many links and
books?
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2008-April/144432.html

I addition, there is a free book in the repositories, Rutebook. You can
install it with any package manager, such as System -> Administration ->
Synaptic. Simply search for "rutebook" and install it. It will put a
bunch of files into /usr/share/doc/rutebook. There will be at least a
PDF version and an HTML version. Just use your favorite readers to read
them.
It might not be completely up to date or geared specifically to Ubuntu,
but it still contains a huge amount of info.

Others will certainly post their own suggestions.

Have fun