Heat Sink

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 31 22:05:38 UTC 2008

On 08/31/2008 01:32 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Guys I find the Video chip a Nvida 6100 has a Aluminum heat sink
> held in place at apposing corners by a screw with a white plastic top.
> There is a spring material between the top and the flange on the chip.
>
>     The heat sink is kind of loose and you can move it around a little
> using not much force. But I can't find out how to remove the heat sink.
> I can push on the white top and it goes down but then comes right back
> up. I can not get a screw driver on them because there is no head for one.
>
>     Does anyone know how those catches work? I have not seen any like
> this before.
>

> Karl

I don't have one, but my guess would be that you will need to remove the
MB to unhook from the underside. On the other hand, if you get something
like the this Northbridge:
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/memandvidcar.html
  http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/encnfoconoco.html
Their pdf install manual just tells you to click the old and replace
with their's. (note: no idea if this is for your chip, but have a look
at the pdf. Also see:
<http://www.dexplor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7747347&view=previous&sid=3ef574463d0589aec74da2b19587cb08>)