Heat Sink

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Aug 31 20:32:42 UTC 2008

    Guys I find the Video chip a Nvida 6100 has a Aluminum heat sink
held in place at apposing corners by a screw with a white plastic top.
There is a spring material between the top and the flange on the chip.

    The heat sink is kind of loose and you can move it around a little
using not much force. But I can't find out how to remove the heat sink.
I can push on the white top and it goes down but then comes right back
up. I can not get a screw driver on them because there is no head for one.

    Does anyone know how those catches work? I have not seen any like
this before.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI