Some troubles with Orca in Ubuntu

Demetry demetry82 at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 23 22:40:11 UTC 2008

Hi all.

So, I am very lucky to try to work with Ubuntu 8.04.1 (AMD 64) and Orca. :)
But I have some troubles with Orca in a few situations:
When I try to login in the Synaptic or somewhere Orca doesn't work
longer well. Orca begins to sleep... I don't hear something... That do
happen it where I need to enter the password from my account all the
places. Why that?
And, BTW, how can I configure the braille support from or with Orca?
Orca says me in the setting menu that can support a few braille
displays. But my braille display will not work automatically. I have a
PAC Mate with 40 cells from Freedom Scientific via USB.

I hope anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Demetry