Upgrade problems 7.10 > 8.04 LTS

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Tue Aug 19 20:28:50 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> On 08/19/2008 11:03 AM, Rick Knight wrote:
>

>> Just an update.
>>
>> My wireless does work, but only when I start it manually with this
>> command...
>>
>> $ sudo wpa_supplicant -Bw -Dwext -i eth0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
>> $sudo dhclient eth1
>>
>> Prior to the upgrade to 8.04, my wireless started automatically.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Rick
>>

> I wonder if the /etc/network/interfaces file is getting messed up. Can
> you post:
>
> cat /etc/network/interfaces

NoOp,

I removed Knemo and installed network-manager-kde and knetwork-manager.
Now my networking is working at startup in Kdesktop and in terminal
mode. Wireless still needs to be started manually with wpa_supplicant
and dhclient. Any way to automate this in 8.04

BTW I installed 8.04 with KDE3, not KDE4.

Thanks,
Rick