Ubuntu 8.04

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Tue Aug 19 15:45:43 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:

>     A year or two ago I took the HD out of the plastic USB case and
> hooked it to the computer direct and it did boot fine but had a hickup
> or two. I use rsync for my backup's.

Again, some people user rsync and it works fine, others have problems, I
wouldn't without being able to test extensively.

Personally I'd use partimage, as it compresses data images and saves
more of the machine state to "snapshot" it, but that's me. You can't
"live test it" without restoring it to another drive though.