GCDmaster on Hardy doesn't see dvd-r & cd-r burners

Steven Davies-Morris sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Mon Aug 18 21:57:14 UTC 2008

Using v 1.2.2 on Hardy 8.04 AMD64 kernel 2.6.24-19-rt on an ECS
GEForce 6100M motherboard with 4gb of ram.

Other burner programs (i.e. Brasero) do see both my dvd-r and cd-r
burners. However, I want to use GCDmaster to take a 50 minute WAV
file exported from elsewhere (CD Architect on WinXP), and drop in
the CD track markers to make 7 individual tracks out of the longer
composition. So far so good, that part works as expected (though a
bit clunkily) so I have the cue sheet. But when I tell GCDmaster
to scan to find and setup the available burner devices it simply
doesn't see them.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, what do I need to do to
resolve this? Alternatively, what other program provides a smart
front-end to the burner so I can layout a cue sheet and burn a
CD with continuous/seamless track flow?
NP: nothing