An old bug about a gnome theme but still exists

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 18:35:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Vincent Trouilliez
<vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 20:28:31 +0800
> "Vito King" <vitojing at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-themes-extras/+bug/215472
>>
>> Please fix it in the packet gnome-theme-extra ,thanks very much
>
> Hi Vito,
>
> "old" bug ? It's not even 6 months old ! ;-)
> When I started using Linux 4/5 years ago, I filed a few bugs against
> Gnome or gtk... they are all still unfixed. I have long given up, I
> just live with them and moved on.
{snippage}
> Vince, long disillusionned about reporting bugs...

I know what you mean - but I've had some really good experiences too.
It's frustrating when your coding skills aren't up to fixing them
yourself, and it just keeps hanging around.

On the other side of the fence, I've had bugs in Ubuntu and Firefox
fixed in literally days from my first posting about them.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

Brian

PS  File a bug report with Adobe or Apple and see how long that takes
to get fixed!