Best E-Mail Client

Peter N Spotts pspotts at comcast.net
Sat Aug 16 01:51:18 UTC 2008

Michael Haney wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Peter N Spotts <pspotts at comcast.net> wrote:
>> David McNally wrote:
>>> Hi Everyone.
>>>
>>> I'm looking for an email client that does everything that Microsoft
>>> Outlook does, and just as well (or better)
>>> I've tried Evolution, and, while it is good as an email client, it has
>>> problems with connecting to my Google Calender. I've also noticed some
>>> other problems with it.
>>>

> You might want to struggle with other alternatives for a while until
> Thunderbird 3 is released.  I understand it will have a Calendar
> feature as well as many other improvements.  When is TB3 coming out
> anyway?

Just checked CNET, and it looks like the calendar addition essentially
means turning Lightning into an integral part of TBird, rather than
having it as an add-on. So it might be instructive to add Lightning now,
David, and see if it meets your need.

Best to all,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
             -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"