Change from raid to normal

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 19:01:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Sean Kim
>>     > I have installed Ubuntu 8.04 Server with Raid 1.
>>     > Now, I want to use one hdd for another machine.
>>     > Is there any simple way to make it normal hdd system? without
>>     format?
>>
>>     Hi Sean
>>     Was the RAID provided by the motherboard/controller?  or is it linux
>>     software RAID?
>>
> I installed with ubuntu software raid.
> I can see some of ubuntu starting screen.
>
> It finally shows
> ---
> BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-5ubuntu12) Built-in shell (ash)
> Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
> (initramfs)
> ---
>
> I'm don't know what is going on..

Me either - as far as I knew you had a working system you wanted to
swipe a disk out of.
Now you have a system that won't boot?  How did you get there?   i.e.
is this one of the other disks and you tried to install it elsewhere?
 or the original system minus a disk?  or ?

Please tell us enough info to help.

Brian