Adding Startup Apps in Kubuntu

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Aug 15 18:48:42 UTC 2008

Michael Haney wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Mumia W.
>
> > Place your startup scripts into the ~/.kde/Autostart folder.
>
> As usual, another cryptic answer from this group.  Where exactly is
> that folder?  I've spent about 2 hours looking for it already.

That depends on your login name. If your login is "michael" it would
be "/home/michael/.kde/Autostart". As .kde is a hidden folder, you should
enable the display of hidden files, if you search for it using a file
manager. Whenver you see a path starting with "~/", replace that with
your home folder which would be "/home/michael/" in the example above.

Nils