Any tutorials -RUTEBOOK

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Wed Aug 13 19:29:38 UTC 2008

"Joep L. Blom" <jlblom at neuroweave.nl> wrote:

> "cd /usr/share/doc/rutebook"
> "gunzip rute.pdf.gz" so you just need to copy it.
> You don't have to type rute.pdf.gz but type "gunzip ruTab}" (Tab is the
> tab-key).
> This will unzip rute.
> Next see if you have the command acroread:
> to do this type : "locate acroread"
> This is the standard Adobe pdf-reader.
> If it is available it normally is in a directory in your path.
> Then, still in the directory rutebook type "acroread rute(Tab)" and  you
> can read the book.
> If you don't have acroread you can use "evince rute.pdf"

You can use just see to display any file from the command line. It
automatically gunzips files if needed, so this just works:
  see rute.pdf.gz

"see" uses mailcap to decide which app to use so if it uses a wrong one
you need to add an entry to your ~/.mailcap. Most likely there is
already one in /etc/mailcap so you just need to copy it from there.

   Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>