transcode FLV (YouTube flash) to MP4 (ISO MPEG v4)

komputes komputes at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 21:12:21 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 14:05 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>>
>>> I can only get the flv to save as MP4 video only - no sound.
I have the same result using VLC. Has a bug been reported for this
issue? I found the following vlc forum post thread with (what seems to
be) the same issue:
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42456&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

No matter what type of transcoding I try on the audio the output has no
audio.

My workaround, I have tried ffmpeg which has worked and given me an
FFmpeg MPEG-4 encoded video. Put the flv in  your home directory and
using the terminal issue the following command:

$ ffmpeg -i your_flv_video.flv output_name.avi

-komputes