KDE4.1 & Seamonkey Issue

Mumia W. paduille.4062.mumia.w+nospam at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 10 16:17:11 UTC 2008

On 08/09/2008 10:41 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> [...]  As I recall and since seamonkey wont launch
> from panel icon or K menu(as many others in K menu
> wont launch) I launched seamonkey from konsole and
> selected default from profile(there are 3 as I was
> asked to create one in case it was corrupt). Doing it
> this way it launches.  Hope that's what you wanted me
> to do; if not let me know.

Make sure Seamonkey is closed whenever you attempt to launch it from the
KDE panel; that's the only way to properly test launching. If Seamonkey
is already running when it's command is invoked, either another
Seamonkey window will appear, or nothing will happen.

>> There might be a conflict between the different
>> configurations of gtk2.
>> Place these commands before 'env' in the
>> record-sm.sh file:
>>
>> unset GTK2_RC_FILES GTK_RC_FILES GS_LIB
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH XCURSOR_PATH
>> XCURSOR_THEME
>
> I assume the above is all one line and the below is
> the second line???? And that there is a space between
> XCURSOR_PATH and XCURSOR_THEME.

Yes.

> PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
>> Note the above are supposed to be only two lines;
>> watch out for
>> word-wrap. Let's hope Seamonkey finally launches :-\
>>
> Please clarify exactly how to attempt a launch of
> seamonkey; from K menu, panel icon or from konsole or
> tty. Just so I'm doing it right and not wasting yours
> and my time.  Thanks, Appreciate you high tech help.

This script ends with a "seamonkey" command, and so it tries to launch
Seamonkey:

--------file:record-sm.sh-----------
#!/bin/bash
(
set -x
date
unset GTK2_RC_FILES GTK_RC_FILES GS_LIB LD_LIBRARY_PATH XCURSOR_PATH
XCURSOR_THEME
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
env
seamonkey
) &> /tmp/sm-output.txt