eth card problem after suspend/hibernation, Ubuntu 8.04, laptop dell 1710

interpid at centrum.cz interpid at centrum.cz
Fri Aug 8 07:07:15 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have dell 1710 Notebook (Vostro / Inspiron 1710) + Ubuntu 8.04. I have problems with ethernet card Realtek RTL8168c/8111c.
When i wake up my notebook (from suspend / hibernation) ethernet card does work. Ethernet card works always properly if
i do not try to put NB to sleep mode (suspend or hibernation).

I tryied switch on wake on lan option in BIOS - no result.
I also installed new version of realtek drivers (r8168-8.006.00.tar.bz2), but again with no results... problem still remains.
I have only ubuntu OS on my computer. Do you have some tips how to fix this ? Do you need more information ?

Thank you // sorry for my english //