edubuntu upgrade

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 5 21:32:16 UTC 2008

On 08/05/2008 01:27 PM, norman wrote:
> < snip >
>> >
>> > Ctrl-Alt-F1, entered name and password and got a terminal. Following a
>> > suggestion I did sudo dpkg --configure -a and again the processing stuck
>> > at the same place as it had before.
>> >
>> > I would be most grateful if someone could suggest how I could try to
>> > overcome this problem otherwise I suppose I will have to download
>> > Edubuntu 8.04 and install it over the part processed Edubuntu that is
>> > there.
>

>> I recognize that one. Have a look here for workarounds:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/langpack-locales/+bug/249340
>
> Thank you very much, this looks good. I will report when I have the time
> to try it.
>
> Norman

I'm actually upgrading a Gutsy machine now to Hardy & sure enough it hit
again on this machine that I'm upgrading. It's a stupid bug that should
have been fixed in 8.04.1.

What I'll do is open a terminal window, kill locale and then let it go
on and finish leaving the multiple packages unconfigured. Then I use the
'dpkg --configure -a' & let it run through that, and then and 'sudo
apt-get dist-upgrade' followed by 'dpkg-reconfigure locales'. I should
be finished in about an hour or so and will let you know how it went.