nfs mount not working

Donny George donny008 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 19:58:16 UTC 2008

hello

i have been trying to set up an nfs mount on a server and client machines
which is running on ubuntu 8.04 32 bit version. I have followed the forums
for this

edited the /etc/exports on server

/home/tmp 192.168.1.24(rw,no_root_squash,async)

and modified the /etc/fstab as

  server.mydomain.com:/files /files nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

restarted all the necessary services and stil, it doesnt allow the client to
modify the contents of the mounted folder.

have i set the permissions right or am i doing it completely wrong. could
some one guide me how i cud successfully get this going.

thnx for the help in advance

donny